COVID-19 Safety and Policies
Your health and safety is of the utmost importance to us and is our first priority as we return to an in-person convention experience. Please check this page periodically, as guidance may change in line with emerging science and health recommendations and requirements.
We are making the following changes and requirements for our 2022 convention:
- All convention staff and attendees must provide a vaccination card showing they are fully vaccinated. You must provide proof of vaccination (the vaccination card or a legible cell phone photo) when you pick up your attendee badge at registration.
- All volunteers and attendees must wear masks at all times in all convention spaces, including at the registration desk, game rooms, programming room, and ConSuite.
- Attendees are encouraged to wear high quality masks only: N95s, KN95s, or KN94s.
- The registration desk will have a supply of these masks on-hand for people who need them.
- Masks should be worn correctly (covering nose and mouth)
- People may remove masks in designated convention spaces for the purpose of eating and drinking.
- Masks may be removed briefly in other program spaces for the purpose of taking a sip of a drink, but there is no eating during panels or at game tables.
- Panelists may remove masks for their panel. Panelists will be seated with appropriate social distance from each other and attendees. Attendees at panels will be seats with 6' social distance.
- Gaming tables will be spaced 6’ from each other, and at each table chairs will be spaced to strike a balance between distancing and playability.
- Gamers may wish to bring a personal set of dice.
- Because many games require touching of game pieces, a game board, dice, etc., hand sanitizer will be readily available in all convention spaces.
- Our ConSuite will include a selection of pre-packaged snacks and individually packaged drinks (cans, bottles) instead of our wider regular selection. For your contributions to the Chocolate Symposium, please bring individually wrapped chocolates.
The hotel is not exclusive to our convention, and we cannot guarantee that other visitors to the hotel are vaccinated.
Why do I need to wear a mask if I am fully vaccinated?
When fully vaccinated, the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines appear to confer significant protection against virus variants. However, it is important for ConFABulous to create the safest environment possible for all at our convention. Due to emerging virus variants, the World Health Organization currently recommends that fully vaccinated people resume wearing masks when interacting with people outside their household.