To our ConFAB Friends,
Thank you to everyone who made ConFABulous 2022 a success. We hope you had a great convention — we certainly did, and we enjoyed seeing everyone again.
Please take a few minutes to fill out the survey from 2022 and tell us what you liked in 2022 and would like to see in 2023. Fill Out The ConFABulous 2022 Survey Now
Preparations are beginning for ConFABulous 2023 which will be held October 20-22, 2023 at the Crowne Plaza Suites MSP Airport – Mall of America (formerly the Crowne Plaza Aire), 3 Appletree Square in Bloomington, MN.
Register for ConFABulous 2023
Registration is OPEN!
As we head into the holidays, we are offering a $5 discount on memberships with the following code: “Christmas” during the 12 days of Christmas (Now through January 6th). A ticket is great for a last minute gift too!
What to Expect in 2023
As we already begin to look ahead at 2023, take a look at some of the things you can expect for our 6th annual convention.
- Updated Convention Space: For your convenience, we have consolidated our convention space to the second floor, which is on the same level as the top floor of the parking garage and accessible via stairs and elevators from the main floor. We’re also dedicating one room to role-playing games so the anguished screams of the vanquished and the joyous shouts of the victors will be less disturbing to the concentration of other enthusiastic gamers.
- Convenient Access: As a reminder, you can park for free whether you have a room at the hotel or not, and can also get to the hotel via light rail (and a very short walk). You’ll be close to the Mall of America with all that offers and the MSP airport.
- Gaming for All: You’ll have access to a large selection of board and card games, and players that are willing to take you on whether you’re a beginner or an expert. We also have numerous role-playing games (RPGs) led by expert GMs (Game Masters).
If you would like to request a game or would like to run a role-playing game contact us at gaming@ConFABulous.org.
- Panels: We will offer a selection of panels of general interest to the speculative fiction and LGTBQA communities.
Send us your panel ideas and volunteer to be on panels via programming@ConFABulous.org. It’s never too early!
- ConSuite: Once again in 2023 you’ll have a selection of hot and cold foods from the hotel throughout the convention along with snack and soda offerings from our ConSuite, including the Saturday Chocolate Symposium.
- Hotel Room Block Coming Soon: If you want to stay late gaming or – shudder – start early, our room rates are only increasing by $6 (to $115) over rates we had three years ago. We’ll let you know as soon as our room block is open.
- COVID-19 Policies: As the situation develops, we will keep everyone apprised of our COVID policies for 2023.
Check out our website http://confabulous.org for the latest information on the convention.
We hope to see you at the con on October 20-22, 2023.
Chair, ConFABulous, Gaylaxicon Minnesota